The 14 was first released in 1959. It’s a piston filler with a hooded 18 k gold nib and an ink window, as can be seen in the photo below.
The design of the cap band was intended to represent a mountain, however, the pen has come to be known as the “bishop’s (or cardinal’s) hat” due to its shape…
This pen writes with a fine line, but has enough flex to make the result interesting. It’s a fairly firm flex, so the line width variation is quite easy to control.